The following are the benefits available for Registered beneficiary which can be apply through Official Website [Click here for Online Application Form] :-
1.Death Benefit : The Board sanctions an amount of Rs. 50,000 to the nominees /dependents of a member towards death benefit, in case of normal death. If the death is due to an accident during the course of employment, the nominee /dependents of the member shall be given Rs. 3.00 Lakh towards death benefit.
2. Funeral Assistance: The Board sanctions an amount of Rs. 5,000 to the nominees/dependents of a deceased member, towards funeral expenses.
3. Cash Award: The Board offers cash awards to three male and three female children of the beneficiaries in each districts at the rate of Rs. 5,000, Rs. 4,000 and Rs. 3,500 to those who score 75% or above, 65% or less than 75% and 55% or less than 65% mark in HSLC, AHM and H.S.
4. Maternity Benefit: The registered woman beneficiary shall be given Rs. 20,000 each as maternity benefit during the period of maternity. This benefit shall be allowed twice only.
5. General Pension: A registered beneficiary working as a building worker for not less than one year after the commencement of these Rules shall on completion of sixty years of age be eligible for pension. The Pension will become payable from the first day of the succeeding to the month in which he completed 60 years of age. Rs. 2,000/- plus Rs. 100/- shall be given for every completed years of service from the year of his/ her registration.
6. Advance for Purchase or construction of house: The Board on application by a member, sanction one time interest free refundable loan amount of Rs. 5.00 Lakh for purchase of flat, Rs.2.00 Lakh for purchase of Land and Rs. 3.00 Lakh for construction of house.
7. Disability Pension: The Board sanctions an amount of Rs. 2,000 per month and Rs. 100/- per month for every completed year of service from the year of registration as disability pension to a beneficiary who is permanently disabled due to paralysis leprosy, TB., accident etc. in addition to this pension he will be eligible for an Exgratia payment of not more than Rs. 3.00 Lakh (one time Exgratia) depending upon the percentage of disability and subject to such conditions as fixed by the Board.
8. Loan for the Purchase of Tools: An amount of not exceeding Rs. 20,000 will be sanctioned as one time interest free loan to the registered members, for the purchase of tools. Those who have completed 3 years membership as registered construction worker and those who remit contribution regularly will be eligible for this loan. The beneficiary should not have completed 55 years. The loan amount shall be recovered in not more than sixty installments.
9. Education Institution: The Board provides job oriented technical education and vocational education to the children of the beneficiaries.
10. Medical Assistance: Rs. 1,000/- per day for the 1st 5 days hospitalized + Rs.200/- each for the remaining days of hospitalized subject to maximum Rs. 20,000/-. Registered beneficiary also avail partial disability benefit of Rs. 25,000/-, Rs. 50,000/-, Rs. 75,000 and Rs.1.50 Lakh on the percentage of disability upto 25%, upto 50%, upto 80% and more than 80% respectively. (Rs. 1.50 Lakh for critical diseases such as Cancer, Heart attack (bypass surgery), Failure of kidney (kidney transplantation), Liver cirrhosis etc. as per decision of the Board.)
11. Educational Assistance: To lay greater emphasis on education to the children of the construction workers, The Assam Building & Other Construction workers’ Welfare Board has already provided Educational Assistance under the provision of rule 285 of the Building & Other Construction Workers’ (RE&CS) Assam Rules’2007 and laid greater emphasis on education to the children of the construction workers as follows:-
a. Class 1 to 4: 1500/-
b. Class 5 to 7: 2,750/-
c. Class 8 to 10: 4,000/-
d. Class 11 to 12 (each year) including ITI: 7,000/-
e. Degree Course & its equivalent courses including ITI: 10,000/-
f. Post Graduate or equivalent: 20,000/-
g. Higher study in the Government Institution of IIT /Engineering /Medical etc then the entire expenses will be borne by the Board on submission of proper documents from the Institution.
12. Marriage Assistance: The building workers having continuous membership for 5 years shall be eligible to get financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 for the marriage of their children. A female member of this Fund is also eligible for this assistance for her own marriage. This assistance shall be for the marriage of two children of the beneficiary.
13. Family Pension: In the event of death of pensioner family pension shall be given to the surviving spouse. The amount of pension will be 50% of the pension received by the deceased pensioner.
14. Health Check up: Registered construction workers having continuous membership of the fund avail an amount of Rs. 5,000/- once in a year for his/ her annual health check up in any Hospital.
15. Coverage under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana(PMJJBY) & Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana(PMSBY): Introduction the PMJJBY & PMSBY a Social Security Scheme under LICI made to cover all registered construction workers for availing the “Death Claim” & “Accidental Benefit” (Normal Death - 2.00 Lakh, Accidental Death- 4.00 Lakh, Partial Disability- 37,500/- and Permanent Disability- 75,000/-) under the scheme with monthly “Educational Scholarship” of Rs. 100/- per month for each of the two School going children, studying in class IX to XII including ITI 12th Standard under the Siksha Sahayog Yojona, a part the scheme of Aam Aadmi Bima Yojona.